Self-Managed Restoration (Beta)
We are currently working on an easier way to restore for self-managed backups for another machine. For now, you can use these instructions for restoring your antlets from self-managed storage.
- Create a new antlet with any configuration and template but with a different name than the original antlet
- Click 'Backup Now'
- Click 'Import Self-Managed backup (Beta)'
- The Backup ID can be found in the backup file name
- Enter the path to the directory containing the backup file
[email protected]: # ls /seagate/self-managed
- After the backup is retrieved, click the 'Restore' button
- Enter the name of the antlet being restored - this will create a new antlet from the backup
- Select the correct antlet 'Type' of the backed up antlet - LXC or KVM
- Click the 'Create antlet' button
- Delete the antlet used to facilitate the restore.
If restoring a backup from edgeLinux 0.x.x to edgeLinux 2.x.x, upgrade to antMan version 3.3.1 or greater. If you 'Delete' or 'Delete local' the self-managed backup, either of these will delete the backup file.